Archive

Author Archive

Sorting LOVs in a prompt

January 3, 2014 Leave a comment

Hi,

environment: SAP BI 4.0 SP6 P6, repository database: Oracle Database 11gR2, Universe Designer, Information Desgin Tool

Issue:

Within a prompt, based on a LOV, the values aren’t alphabetically ordered. In case of a large list, this makes it very difficult to pick the right values.

issue

Solution:

Add sorting to the “Associated List of Values” of the Dimension Object.

STEP 1: Open the universe using universe desginer and navigate to the Dimension Object. Open the Object Properties

step1

STEP 2: Navigate to the “Properties” tab, Activate checkbox “Export with universe” and click “Edit”

step2

STEP 3: Drag an drop the sort-button to the object

step3

STEP 4: Save and export the universe. Result:

step4

If you are using IDT, things look a bit different:

STEP 1: Create a LOV

idt_1

STEP 2: Define sorting ont he LOV

idt2

STEP 3. Assign the LOV to the dimensional object

idt3

kr

Hans

Categories: IDT, SAP BI, Universe Designer, WeBi

BO Audit tablespace consumes lots of space

January 22, 2013 2 comments

environment: SAP BI 4.0 SP5 P1, repositroy database: Oracle Database 11gR2

Hi,

Today I’ve noticed my BO auditing tablespace becomes rather big, when checking the tablespace details, I’ve learned all space is consumed by the event tables of the BO auditing:

Segment Name Type

Size (KB)

Extents

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_DETAIL TABLE

2,891,776

228

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_DETAIL_1 INDEX

1,576,960

208

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT TABLE

1,015,808

195

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_8 INDEX

734,208

161

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_DETAIL_2 INDEX

581,632

142

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_DETAIL_3 INDEX

581,632

142

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_2 INDEX

311,296

109

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_1 INDEX

270,336

104

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_3 INDEX

122,880

86

BO_AUDIT4.ADS_EVENT_4 INDEX

114,688

85

You can configure the contents of these tables by modifying the Auditing section of the CMC:

ScreenHunter_41 Jan. 22 11.17

In my case I’ll change the “Delete Events Older than (days) to 31. I believe this change will prevent the tablespace from growing further.

kr,

hans

Partial Results when running Webi-report

January 9, 2013 1 comment

Hi,

Environment: SAP B I4.0 SP5 p1, Universe Design Tool

Issue: Running a webi-query returns into partial results.

Image

Cause:

By default the “Limit Size of a Query Resultset” is set to 5000 rows. In case your webi-query returns more than 5000 rows, you do not retrieve the complete resultset.

Solution:

Open IDT and modify the in the “Query Options” the “Query Limits” of your universe business layer.

Image

Also note that you make this “query limit” user of group dependent. This can be done by activating the security editor in IDT (Window/Security Editor), select the universe and insert a new “Data Security Profile”.

Image

Next, modify the size-limit of the resultset in the “Controls”-tab:

Image

Finally, add the necessary users and/or groups to the security profile:

Image

kr,

Hans

LiveOffice4.0: Errors LO 02029 and RWI 00013

December 14, 2012 1 comment

Hi,

When importing a webintelligence report into Live Office 4.0, I’ll encounter following error:

ScreenHunter_39 Dec. 14 09.32

In my case the “not implemented feature” is the filter bar in the report. Disabling this filter bar in the webi report, solves the issue.

ScreenHunter_39 Dec. 14 09.34

kr,

Hans

Webi Processing Server launches a lot of sql on database

December 11, 2012 1 comment

Hi,

I’ve encountered following behaviour: WebIntelligenceProcessingServer launches a lot of “SELECT DISTINCT <column> FROM “-statements on the database.

This is caused by the Infromation Engine Service of WEBI, which allows you to cache List of Values. This option is enabled by default and in case you accept the defaults during universe design,  this will cause a lot of LOV-cache generation.

You can disable this option by deactivating the checkbox “Enable List Of Values” in the properties screen of the WebIntelligenceProcessingServer:

ScreenHunter_39 Dec. 11 17.30

Afterwards, restart the WebiProcessingServer, and your database load will decrease significantly.

kr,

Hans

Categories: SAP BI, WeBi

Crystal Reports: “Conversion from UTF8 to charset failed”

October 8, 2012 2 comments

Environment:

  •  SAP BI 4.0 SP3
  •  Oracle Database 11g UTF8

Issue:

When running a crystal report from within the BI Launch Pad, I encounter following error: “Conversion from UTF8 to charset failed : Encoding not loaded”

The report is built on a Oracle 11g UTF8-database.

Resolution:

Add “C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64” to the PATH environment variable on the SAP Business Objects Enterprise machine

Reboot the server.

kr,

Hans

Categories: Crystal Reports, SAP BI